The 5 steps below outline how SUS functions in terms of obtaining updates and deploying them to AU client systems:
- The SUS Server will synchronize with Microsoft’s Windows Update Servers and downloads all new or missing patches.
- At this point, the Administrator has an option to APPROVE the new patches, or may opt to test the patches prior to approval.
- Once a patch is approved, AU clients will check in for any new updates.
- If an AU client finds any new updates, it will download and install those patches (based on its client configuration settings).
- Once the patches are installed, then the logged in user is given an option to reboot (only if necessary).